cacaoweb.org
October 01, 2016, 10:49:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PORTING: cacaoweb on android device  (Read 14874 times)
ciberfox

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2012, 12:54:04 am »

Hello I'm working on a porting of Android cacaoweb ARM processor.
Unfortunately the source code that is made available cacaoweb is not complete. In addition there are some adjustments to make, such as video or dimmensione of the folder where the files are downloaded devonor be adapted to mobile devices. As for the folder I decided to use / sdcard / .cacaoweb / videos would be interesting to do at the network layer, perhaps initially only for the most popular video and then the encoding time for all new video, a little 'how does youTube.
I am looking for developers and beta testers if anyone is interested contact me via pm.
ciberfox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:51 am »

per ora la sto testando su 2 dispositivi con scarsi risultati per via delle dimensioni dei video
 smartphone huawey sonic u8650 cpu arm 6 compatibile andorid 4.0.1 (firmware cyanogen)
Tablet flytouch 8 10.2" cpu allwinter android 4.0.4
alfred
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »

sorry we don't understand italian (yet!)
ciberfox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:49:33 pm »

sorry we don't understand italian (yet!)
sorry
for now I'm testing on 2 devices with poor results because size of video.
smartphone huawey sonic u8650 cpu arm 6 compatibile andorid 4.0.1 (firmware cyanogenmod 9)
Tablet flytouch 8 10.2" cpu allwinter android 4.0.4

I'm testing a new codec, and faster performance than the flash on Android, a free download vitamio google play.
Vitamio is a framework for arm processor.
alfred
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 02:13:30 am »

video performance on tablets has been poor so far, you need h264 hardware acceleration on the tablet, lots of them don't have it. (most cacaoweb videos are now encoded in h264 so the tablet could use the GPU instead of the CPU)
Try with VLC or any player based on ffmpeg to see if you can get decent video performance on a tablet.
ciberfox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:32:56 am »

video performance on tablets has been poor so far, you need h264 hardware acceleration on the tablet, lots of them don't have it. (most cacaoweb videos are now encoded in h264 so the tablet could use the GPU instead of the CPU)
Try with VLC or any player based on ffmpeg to see if you can get decent video performance on a tablet.

the tablet has a dedicated video processor with the possibility of video acceleration 2160p.
googlestreaming

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 05:36:29 am »

I can test it on my Samsung Galaxy S II, consider me in Smiley
ciberfox

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:24 am »

hi would be possible to have the sources of core cacaoweb for a compilation under arm processors? I tried to look in git but have not found anything. In this way, my job would be much easier without resorting to reverse engineering. If interested we can create a shared account on the market for the issue, I do not care about making money off this app but only make it apetibile platform thanks you TVbox new Android-based handsets and the new generation coming from HP. if interested in my proposal can contact me via pm also.
thanks
alfred
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:24 am »

soon we might look into it, after we fix the remaining issues on the windows version
mogui

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 06:03:11 am »

I'm interested in it too i would like to compile cacaoweb on arm processors to run it on a Raspberry Pi.
dekdek

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:25:28 am »

Hi !
Some news about a ARM compiled version of CACAOWEB ?
Still waiting… Embarrassed
adreblood

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 09:56:38 am »

soon we might look into it, after we fix the remaining issues on the windows version

Some news? Are you still interested in porting cacaoweb on Android platform?
thank's in advance!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: