cacaoweb.org
December 07, 2016, 09:56:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cacoweb opens new window, but still has megavideo link in new window  (Read 5130 times)
Jen1971

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:23:18 pm »

I have used cacaoweb successfully for some time, both on my desktop and my sons laptop (both run Win 7 home x64).  We use Firefox, and have the latest update.  I have absolutely no problems with my desktop, and use to have no problems on my sons laptop until we had a crash and had to reinstall windows. 

Since we have reinstalled windows, I download cacaoweb, and it says it installs, but when I open a megavideo site, it opens the new window, has the cacaoweb banner at the top, but the movie that opens still has the megavideo 'red arrow' and the right of the screen says 'download cacaoweb' instead of 'cacaoweb is on'.  Any suggestions on how to get it to work properly?  We miss it so much, we use the laptop to watch TV on the big screen  Tongue
alfred
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:21:05 pm »

you actually need to download cacaoweb from this website: http://www.cacaoweb.org/
cacaoweb doesn't say it installs, because it doesn't "install" (that's not the way it works). So you must have installed something else.
jessielabadie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 07:53:17 pm »

Hi!

I had the same problem--I downloaded it again from the website and replaced the old one and it started working again.
Jen1971

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:30:03 pm »

"Installs" is the wrong word, obviously, but I have downloaded from that website, I have removed the add-on from firefox, and re-downloaded cacaoweb repeatedly, restarted firefox, restarted the laptop etc and I still can't get it work.  When I open a megavideo link, a new window opens for cacaoweb as usual that has the cacaoweb bar along the top with the name, about and forum on it, the inside window with the movie opens, but instead of cacaoweb with the colored circle buffering thing, its still megavideo with the arrow in there, and to the right of the screen it says "download cacaoweb" instead of "cacaweb is installed" with the checkmark (which is what it says on the window on my desktop that works).  I have removed the add-on, and redownloaded direct from the cacaoweb.org website repeatedly.  Using firefox 3.6.12, windows 7 home.  I tried it again, and the same thing happens.  It worked fine before we did a windows re-install and now it doesn't.  I checked to see if NoScript was added on and it isn't.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
alfred
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 03:37:26 pm »

ok, when you download and double click on cacaoweb, it should :
1) open a browser window and show cacaoweb page
2) stay running on your computer (if you do Ctrl+Alt+Del, it should show up in the list of running processes)

If it doesn't happen like that, it means cacaoweb is not running on your computer, which means something is blocking it.
Most of the time, an antivirus or other security program is blocking it, but it can also be something else. It can even be a bug in cacaoweb that we haven't seen.
The thing is, if you don't have 1) and 2), you can be 100% sure that nothing will work regarding cacaoweb. The firefox add-on is just an extra piece of software that has nothing to do with the core cacaoweb software.

So first of all, what's going on with points 1) and 2) on your computer?
Jen1971

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 04:23:54 am »

It was being blocked by some spyware, after I had cleaned the computer everything worked fine.  Thanks for the assitance!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: